Salvation Army taking applications for Angel Tree
By Shavonne Potts
The Salvation Army is accepting Christmas applications for its Angel Tree program.
Through the program, children receive clothing, toys or both for the holidays. A child’s information is placed on a Christmas tree, someone shops for that child and the Salvation Army gives the children their gifts.
This is the eighth year for the Angel Tree.
The Salvation Army is taking applications at its office, 620 Bringle Ferry Road, Oct. 2 though Nov. 6. On Oct. 28 and Nov. 6, hours will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. All other days, applications will be taken 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Applicants must have the following items:
– Current North Carolina picture identification or driver license.
– Social Security card for every member in the household, W-7 for immigrants.
– Expired identification card with a lease and utility bill.
– Birth certificate for all children 12 and younger.
– Proof of address, such as a lease or utility bill.
– Proof of income and expenses.
– Unemployment and food stamp verification letter.
– Custody papers, if you are a guardian.
Staff ask that applications be turned in as soon as possible.
The Salvation Army is a Rowan County United Way partner agency.
For more information, contact The Salvation Army at 704-636-6491.