Blotter: Man charged with rape, taking indecent liberties
According to arrest reports from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have charged Osborne Lavester Alexander, 59, with first-degree rape and taking indecent liberties with children.
Alexander was arrested Saturday afternoon and placed in jail under $100,000 bond.
In other arrest reports from the Sheriff’s Office or jail inmate list:
• Messiah Alexander Wooden, 23, was charged early Sunday morning with fleeing to elude arrest, resisting and delaying an officer, simple possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was placed in jail under $25,000 bond.
• Tina Marie Clemons, 23, was placed in jail under $2,500 bond early Sunday on charges of resisting and delaying an officer, assault on a government official and disorderly conduct.
• Maurice Boyd Woodward, 52, was charged Sunday morning with possession of a firearm by a felon.
• Jeremy Paul Bowers, 26, was charged with a larceny in the 200 block of Wingate Lane, injury to real property and assault on a female.
• David Jacob Cochran, 30, was charged Saturday night with assault with a deadly weapon.