Crime blotter: Man faces more charges in break-ins
Derrick Scott Hammill, 48, faces additional charges after break-in investigations. Hammill was charged with breaking and entering, larceny and obtaining property by false pretenses on Oct. 2 after he was connected to a breaking and entering that occurred at Pepper’s Garage at the 900 block of Rowan Avenue.
After his arrest, Hammill was connected to several other breaking and entering cases on Rowan Avenue. He now faces charges of two counts of felony breaking and entering, one count of felony larceny, three counts of felony larceny of firearms, four counts of misdemeanor larceny, and 15 counts of felony obtaining property by false pretenses.
In other Salisbury Police department reports:
- A man reported Monday that someone intentionally struck him while driving a white pickup truck while he was at the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
- Police seized marijuana at the corner of West Monroe Street and South Ellis Street on Tuesday.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- Erwin Middle School reported an assault Friday.
- A man reported Friday that items were taken from his residence at the 600 block of Poole Road.
- A woman reported an assault Friday at the 600 block of Stone Road.
- Eddleman’s Outdoor Power at the 1400 block of North Main Street, China Grove reported a burglary Saturday.
- The McDonald’s at Love’s Travel Plaza on Peeler Road reported a larceny Saturday.
- A man reported a burglary Saturday at the 6500 block of Turkey Road, Kannapolis.
- A man reported items stolen Saturday from the 5800 block of Enochville School Road, Kannapolis.
- A man reported an assault Saturday at the 3650 block of Magnolia Drive.
- A juvenile was charged with possession or marijuana and drug paraphernalia Saturday at the 2400 block of Deal Road.
- A man reported a breaking and entering Saturday at the 300 block of Peach Orchard Lane.
- A man reported items stolen from his vehicle Sunday while it was parked on the off ramp of exit 68.
- Deputies discovered a juvenile carrying a switchblade on a public street Sunday at the corner of Log Barn Road and Old Farm Road.
- A man reported Sunday that two guns were stolen from his van and his house at the 100 block of Leader Lane, Kannapolis.
- Mitchell Wayne Barringer, 27, was charged Friday with larceny at the 300 block of Muirfield Way.
- Brandon Michael Lemmon, 19, was charged with breaking and entering Friday at the Sheriff’s Office.
- Deana Shalee Braddock, 33, was charged Friday with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer at the 7300 block of Pop Basinger Road.
- Joshua Alexander Hovis, 28, was charged Friday with weapons possession by a felon at the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
- Jacob Daniel Johnson, 23, was charged Saturday with larceny at the 13100 block of U.S. Highway 52, Gold Hill.
- Jared Robert James Spidell, 17, was charged at the 500 block of Howard Street, Rockwell with injury to real property on Saturday.
- Brenda Kay Bass, 44, was charged with larceny Saturday at the 200 block of Rock Hump Road.
- Brian Kelley, 37, was charged with possession of a controlled substance Saturday at the 100 block of Leader Lane, Kannapolis.
- Michael Jarrett Wiggins, 49, was charged with simple assault Saturday at the 3600 block of Magnolia Drive.
- Wesley Aaron Clodfelter, 17, was charged with possession of a controlled substance Saturday at the 2400 block of Deal Road, Mooresville.
- Antonio Roddy Moore, 25, was charged with possession of a controlled substance Sunday at the 66000 block of North I-85, China Grove.
- Brenna Michelle Mcbreen, 29, was charged with assault seriously bodily injury Sunday at the 700 block of North Main Street.
- Shannon Gail Priolo, 41, was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle Sunday at the 2700 block of Gheen Road.
- Susan Ann Baker, 52, was charged with simple assault Sunday at the 200 block of North Main Street.
- Brandon Paul Hodges, 34, was charged with simple assault Sunday at the Magistrate’s Office.
- Jade Elezibeth Harvey, 18, was charged with simple assault Sunday at the 800 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
- Melissa Reid Bahr, 39, was charged with simple assault Sunday at the 17000 block of Oak Breeze Circle, Mooresville.