SALISBURY — According to the Salisbury Police Department, Frank Larry Graham, 32, was charged with preventing activation of an antishoplifting device on Sunday.
The police department said that Graham stole four Michael Kors purses from a local department store on Sunday and cut off as well as removed the antitheft devices from each of the purses, before fleeing on a moped.
Officers said that Graham took off on foot after wrecking the moped he was driving near Bringle Ferry Road.
Graham was transported to a nearby hospital with no serious injuries and no broken bones reported.
The stolen merchandise was recovered and returned to the local department store.
Graham was given a $5,000 bond.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported a burglary in the 1800 block of East Innes Street on Saturday afternoon.
- A woman reported a robbery in the 2400 block of Statesville Boulevard on Saturday evening.
- A woman reported a larceny in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue on Sunday evening.
- Bernard Johnson, 50, was charged with assault on a female on Sunday.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A burglary was reported in the 160 block of Wakefield Drive on Friday evening.