Blotter: Sheriffs investigating reports of shots fired into home
By Liz Moomey
SALISBURY — A man reported shots fired into his mobile home on Rockwood Drive in Salisbury around 1 a.m. Monday.
The occupants said they saw a white vehicle with its lights off driving around and shot at the residence.
They said about eight to 12 shots were fired.
Deputies did not locate the suspect’s vehicle. They found a bullet hole on the outside of the home and traced it to the inside of the home.
A neighbor said he heard four shots fired, according the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A Rockwell man reported he found a GPS tracker on his vehicle on Monday.
- A man reported a larceny from a motor vehicle at the 200 block of Stone Road Monday.
- Jokes Arcade at 3610 Mooresville Road reported a breaking and entering and damage to property on Monday.
- A man reported a an attempted breaking and entering and a larceny from his vehicle in the 1000 block of Faye Lane on Monday.
- A woman reported an assault by strangulation in the 1300 block of Oliver Road in Rockwell on Monday.
- Mts Visions LLC at 450 White Farm Road reported damage to property and larceny on Monday.
- A man reported a larceny of his motor vehicle on Circle Drive in China Grove on Monday.
- A woman reported fraud in the 1200 block of Kluttz Road on Monday.
- A man reported an assault on a handicapped person on Monday at the 1000 block of Garrick Road.
- Matthew Gibson Taylor, 28, was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver at the Rowan County magistrate’s office on Monday.
- Eddie James Richardson, 47, was charged with habitual felon at the county magistrate’s office on Monday.
- William Trevor Keller, 20, was charged with possession of controlled substance Schedule IV in the 3300 block of Mt. Hope Church Road on Monday.
- Ashanti Patterson, 17, was charged with assaulting a law enforcement officer in the 100 block of St. Luke’s Church Road on Monday.
- Scarlett Denise Secular, 44, was charged with possession of methamphetamine at the Rowan County Detention Center on Monday.
- Christi Leigh Moore, 37, and Michael Terry Peeler, 50, were charged with obtaining property by false pretenses at the magistrate’s office.
- Miranda Lee Rhinehardt, 37, was charged with possession of control substance Schedule II on the 100 block of W. Ryder Ave. in Landis.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- While conducting Santa Patrol at Dollar Tree on Klumac Road, a report of counterfeit was made on Monday.
- A woman reported a larceny at the 600 block of Mocksville Ave. on Monday.
- A man reported a stolen money order at Walmart on Arlington St. on Monday.
- A man reported larceny of a bicycle from Checkered Flag BBQ at 1530 S. Main St. on Tuesday.
- A man reported an attempted larceny at the 900 block of Fairmont Ave. on Tuesday.
- Hammed Tubman, 25, was charged with second-degree trespassing in the 600 block of W. Marsh St. on Sunday.
- Timothy David Baker, 34, was charged with second degree trespassing at Captain D’s at 707 E. Innes St. on Sunday.
- Reid David Williams, 27, was charged with larceny at Kohl’s at 1395 Klumac Road on Sunday.
- Anthony Purcell Covington, 25, was charged with possession of controlled substance Schedule VI at Christo’s Family Restaurant at 431 E. Innes St. on Monday.
- David Lynn Stewart, 32, was changed with injury to personal property at the intersection of North Arlington and East Innes streets on Tuesday.
- Michael Anthony Brown, 19, was charged with assault on a female on Cedarwood Circle on Tuesday.