Blotter: Man robbed at gunpoint, carjacked
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Police say a 62-year-old man was robbed at gunpoint by two women that he met behind a building on the Livingstone College campus, according to a Salisbury police report.
The man told police he met a woman at the rear of the Wallace building on Thursday at 2:52 a.m., “to give her money,” detective Russ DeSantis said.
The woman drew a gun on the man and told him to do as she said. A second woman approached the man, asked for his wallet and took his money. After the women ordered the man into his vehicle, one got into the front passenger seat and the other in the back, DeSantis said.
The woman instructed the man to drive to a nearby ATM where they forced him to withdraw money. The detective said the woman with the gun fired it and then forced the man out of his car near the intersection of Mooresville Road and South Main Street.
The woman sped off in an unknown direction.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A man reported on Wednesday he accidentally left his phone on the counter at DMart convenience store, 1600 S. Main St., and someone took it.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of a burglary in the 1000 block of Celestial Drive. The suspect was arrested on the scene.
• A man in the 300 block of Leach Road reported on Wednesday that accounts were opened in his name.
• Synchrony Bank of the 1000 block of Whispering Pine Drive, China Grove, reported on Wednesday the establishment was a victim of fraud.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of a break-in in the 600 block of Dave’s Drive.
• William Advier Robles Torres, 31, was charged on Wednesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses while in the Rowan County Detention Center annex.
• Randy Lee Gragg, 62, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor breaking and entering while in the 1000 block of Celestial Drive.