Ad Spot

January 27, 2021

Rowan weather: Clouds build, rain tonight

It’s going to be warmer this week than last, but we’ll have the usual days with showers and a few thunderstorms.

Clouds will increase today, with a high of 62. Light south southwest winds will increase to 10-15 mph this morning, gusting as high as 21 mph. A 30 percent chance of rain is possible after 5 p.m.

Tonight will have a 40 percent chance of showers before 1 a.m., then rain between 1 and 2, then a return to showers. Patchy fog is possible after 2 p.m. It will be cloudy and 46, with south southwest wind at 3-7 mph. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

Tuesday will have a 70 percent chance of showers, with a thunderstorm possible in the afternoon and evening. It will be mostly cloudy and 67, with southwest wind at 5-10 mph, gusting to 21 mph. A tenth to quarter inch of rain is possible, with higher amounts in thunderstorms.

Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy and 45, with a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11 p.m. Winds will be southwest around 6 mph, then calm. A tenth to quarter inch of rain is possible.

Wednesday will be partly sunny and 63, with a 30 percent chance of showers after 9 a.m. Winds will be light, from the west. The chance of rain goes up to 60 percent Wednesday night, with showers mainly after 4 a.m. It will be mostly cloudy and 44.

And we’ll still have a 70 percent chance of showers on Thursday, mainly before 3 p.m. It will be cloudy and 53. The chance of showers Thursday night will be 30 percent, mostly before 9 p.m. The low will be 37.

Finally, Friday will be sunny and 58. It will be a clear night, with a low right at freezing, 32.

Saturday will be sunny and 54. The low will be 31, with more clear skies.

Monday, too, will be sunny, with a high near 58.

Comments

Crime

Salisbury man charged in string of gas station robberies

Crime

Blotter: Search warrant produces charges for Salisbury woman

Education

Overton Elementary kicks off kindness challenge with parade

High School

High school soccer: South wins opener against Carson

Local

Rowan Helping Ministries to calculate homeless population

Elections

NC Sen. Jeff Jackson enters US Senate race

News

NC jobless aid office addressing millions of dollars in overpayments

Nation/World

Most in GOP against holding Trump impeachment trial

Coronavirus

Health and Human Services secretary: State will balance limited vaccine supply across counties

Kannapolis

Love appointed captain of Presidents Cup team for 2022

Business

Department store chain Belk filing for bankruptcy

Nation/World

Tornado leaves path of destruction in Alabama, killing one teenager

News

At session start, NC legislators pitch consensus with Cooper

Education

School board receives flood of comments on operations after Knox teacher’s death

Coronavirus

With two reported Tuesday, county averaging more than two COVID-19 deaths per day

Crime

Randolph County deputies cleared in shooting death of Rockwell man

Crime

Blotter: Man faces drug charges after being reported as ‘suspicious’

News

Duke Energy, NC officials announce coal ash expense deal

Local

Police, firefighters parade for hospital staff

Coronavirus

Demand continues to exceed supply as county shifts to vaccine appointments

Local

‘Uncommonly good man:’ Local appraiser Scott Robinson dies after fall at home

News

Rowan Planning Board settles on screening requirements for solar farms

News

Transition to mass vaccination sites irks NC health systems

Crime

Mississippi sheriff: One dead after Salisbury children left in woods; father sought