Salisbury man charged with assaulting common-law wife
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged Tuesday with assaulting his common-law wife, who said the assault stemmed from an argument, said police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
Salisbury police charged Jeffory Allen McClain, 58, of the 1300 block of Standish Street, Apt. B, with felony assault by strangulation.
She told police they argued about him being insecure and then he choked her. The officer observed marks around her neck, according to Walker. He was not issued a bond because of the domestic violence-related nature of the incident.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• Belk Inc. reported on Monday someone stole a catalytic converter from a delivery van parked at the store, 1333 Klumac Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 9300 West NC 152, Mooresville.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 1200 block of Hall Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a break-in in the 200 block of Back Creek Church Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Friday someone stole a trailer from the 8100 block of Smith Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was the victim of an assault while in the 300 block of Wildlife Access Road, Richfield.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone broke into her home in the 600 block of Duck Drive, China Grove.
• Zacharia Shade Shrewsbury, 20, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.