Blotter: Salisbury police looking for three men who stole ATM from vape shop
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Salisbury Police are looking for three people who broke into the Mad Vapes shop early Tuesday morning and ran out with a cash box from the store’s automated teller machine. No arrest has been made.
The break-in occurred around 4:40 a.m. at the store, located at 255 Faith Road. The alarm sounded and an officer found a busted window and ATM inside the store. According to surveillance video, three males wearing dark clothing used an ax and a sledgehammer to break a front window.
The three went in broke the ATM and took the black box inside the machine that contained the cash. It’s unclear at this time how much money was inside the machine, said police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
The suspects took off running out of the store and left the area on foot.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245 or you can go to tips.salisburyrowancrimestoppers.org and report your information anonymously there.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A window was vandalized on Monday at a property in the 600 block of West Marsh Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Friday someone broke into a family cabin in the 1300 block of Neel Road and stole antiques, cookware tools, a canoe, and other construction equipment including a saw.
• A woman reported on Friday someone stole her vehicle parked in the 200 block of Mandolin Street, China Grove.
• A woman reported on Friday she was assaulted in the 4000 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole his four-wheeler from the 200 block of Lipe Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole items from a building in the 900 block of West Ridge Road.
• A man reported on Saturday a firearm was stolen from his residence in the 1400 block of Dunn’s Mountain Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole her vehicle from her driveway in the 100 block of Ketchie Estate Road, China Grove.
• A man reported on Sunday someone broke into a building in the 4200 block of Franklin Community Center Road.